- 1 Text
- 16 PDFs
- 12 Disqus
- 12 Audios
- 12.0 hrs
Looking back over history countless songs have been written that have transformed the culture of the church. New and old, it is easy to recall the great hymns and modern worship songs that have impacted generations. The greatest worship songs have always had the ability to shift atmospheres and soften hearts unhindered by time or seasons.
In this 12 week course Dan McCollam
delves deep into the art and technique of worship songwriting. This
module is designed to stretch, develop and refine your skills by
identifying the technical factors that make a great song.
Offering foundational principles you
will also have the opportunity to experiment through practical weekly
assignments and participate in the forum with other students based on
the themes of each week.
Highly technical with engaging,
conversational content, coupled with weekly practical exercises for
you to try, this is an excellent course for the beginner to advanced
Each lesson contains:
A weekly MP3 teaching session with Dan McCollam and guests;
Study notes to read alongside the MP3 teachings;
Weekly practical assignments for you to try out for yourself;
Weekly discussion questions;
You will also receive two downloadable
ebooks: “The Worship Writers Guide” & “Finding
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Study and deconstruct popular worship songs;
- Identify, locate and write song hooks;
- Identify the four categories of song hooks for praise and worship songs;
- Craft your ideas into a song hook;
- Identify the 5 Main types of repetition;
Study Song Form
- Study different Song Forms;
- Understand the building blocks for great songs - song sections (Verse, Chorus, Bridge, Pre Chorus etc);
- Use different 'list techniques' for songwriting;
- Study Alliteration, contrast, slant rhyme as the four devices for writing;
- Learn the key principles in writing a great chorus;
- Identify foundational and rotational simple chorus types;
- Improve your lyrical content;
- Develop imagery skills;
- Learn how to create memorable melodies;
- Understand and identify the foundations of Melody: The musical motif, prosody, sing- ability, musical contrasts and emphasis ;
- Understand the importance of re-writing;
- Understand the benefits of co-writing;
- Learn what to do with a finished song;
- Understand the registration and copyright process;
- Submit your own song for review.
Please note: “God Vibrations”
and “Redeeming A Sound” are recommended courses to take before
you start this course as they provide an excellent foundation on the
more spiritual aspects of what it means to release the new song of
Roma Waterman is an award winning singer/songwriter, worship leader, and best selling author.
As a vocal coach, session singer, artist and pastor for over 30 years, which has included being a judge for the early audition process on the X Factor in Australia, she has also been a vocal coach for many TV Talent contestants on X Factor, Idol and the Voice.
She is the founding director of the Melbourne Gospel Choir, who you may have seen on various television shows including The Logies, The AFL Grand Final and Ch 9's Carols by Candlelight.
The author of several Amazon No.1 bestselling books, she has also released 8 albums that have been released globally and across Christian radio in Australia, New Zealand and The UK.
In the last two years she has become an online instructor, teaching thousands of students all over the world in the areas of worship training, voice presentation (for podcasting and teaching), vocal coaching, songwriting, as well as how to write best selling books and online courses to help other up and coming creative entreprenuers.
She loves helping people achieve their greatest dreams, thinking out of the box, and reinventing herself = and helping others do the same.