- 39 Videos
- 10 Quizzes
- 1 Text
- 4 PDFs
- 6 Audios
- 10 Downloads
- 12.0 hrs
The Redeeming a Sound module written and taught by Dan McCollam covers theological foundations for redeeming sounds, musical styles and instruments in nations.
can often think of certain styles and sounds as 'demonic'. This
thought has led many to lay down their Indigenous instruments or
their own authentic sound to copy what is popular or what is more
acceptable in Western Culture.
what if God created those instruments, songs and sounds? Instead of
sound of the people, what if He wants to redeem
it? What if He wants to put His
song in the sound of the people? Instead of copying someone else’s
sound, what if God is trying to use the heartfelt art of a nation to
win the heart
of the nation back to Himself?
principle also applies not just to Indigenous people groups but in
churches and communities that have a strong worship culture. Many
artists are hiding their true talents, buried under what is most
popular, thinking their own expression is not worthy, needed or
'meets the standards'. We are living in a momentous time in history
where great songs are changing atmospheres in a supernatural powerful
is needed, valued and powerful....when
it's not at the expense of you releasing your own sound. Your
voice is needed. It's time for what you have to be released. This
course will show you how, but also give you scriptural foundations
for why it's so important.
this 12 week course students will:
- Learn foundational truths for redeeming a sound;
- Identify what is the new song of the Lord and why it is needed;
- Understand and overturn atmospheres through worship;
- Understand the importance of reconciliation;
- Learn how to worship bigger than the room;
- Understand frequency, resonance and entrainment and how it relates to worship;
- Obtain tools to help develop relationships with others of the same heart;
- Learn how to put on a resource event for people groups you have a heart for;
- Examine recording and distribution options;
- Understand The Function and Authority of the New Song in the Three Heavens.
At the end of the course students will be able to:
- Sing the new song of the Lord with authority and understanding;
- Overturn atmospheres through worship;
- Research the cultural music of a nation;
- Conduct a resource event (conference, concert etc);
- Gain confidence to release your own authentic sound;
Redeeming a Sound is a great foundational course for any worship and arts ministry.
Roma Waterman is an award winning singer/songwriter, worship leader, and best selling author.
As a vocal coach, session singer, artist and pastor for over 30 years, which has included being a judge for the early audition process on the X Factor in Australia, she has also been a vocal coach for many TV Talent contestants on X Factor, Idol and the Voice.
She is the founding director of the Melbourne Gospel Choir, who you may have seen on various television shows including The Logies, The AFL Grand Final and Ch 9's Carols by Candlelight.
The author of several Amazon No.1 bestselling books, she has also released 8 albums that have been released globally and across Christian radio in Australia, New Zealand and The UK.
In the last two years she has become an online instructor, teaching thousands of students all over the world in the areas of worship training, voice presentation (for podcasting and teaching), vocal coaching, songwriting, as well as how to write best selling books and online courses to help other up and coming creative entreprenuers.
She loves helping people achieve their greatest dreams, thinking out of the box, and reinventing herself = and helping others do the same.